EKOFIBER® is a loose, thermal insulation material made of cellulose fiber that creates a barrier to heat flow. It is characterized by high fire resistance and protects against fungi and mold growth. To achieve such parameters, the fiber is properly chemically impregnated.
EKOFIBER® is perfect for transferring moisture without accumulating it and therefore does not require the use of a vapor barrier foil. It is suitable for use throughout buildings, perfectly protecting it against fungus and preventing corrosion and the settlement of rodents and insects.
EKOFIBER® is widely used as thermal insulation of various building structures, regardless of the construction materials used and the purpose, ranging from single-family houses and farm buildings, through industrial and sports facilities, to large-scale apartment blocks and sacred buildings.
Form of loose granules blown in without technological losses (100% usage of material).
Applied mounting densities:
– flat roofs, unused attics – 27÷29 kg/m3,
– roof surfaces – 40÷45 kg/m3,
– walls – 50÷55 kg/m3.
Thermal conductivity coefficient λ = 0,041 W/mK.
“Breathing” –no vapor barrier is required in partitions insulated with eco-fiber.
Resistance to fungi and molds.
Protection of wooden structures against biodegradation and steel structures against corrosion.
Classification of reaction to fire C (PN-EN 13501-01)
Flame retardant – not spreading fire.
Unfriendly to insects and rodents.
High sound insulation capacity.
|Frequency [Hz]||Reverberated sound absorption coefficient|
- maximum humidity while maintaining the λ – 23%,
- natural change in humidity during the year – 11 ÷ 17%
- diffusion coefficient value (at density of 47,5 kg/m3) d = 520 * 10-4 [g/h*m*hPa],
- diffusion resistance coefficient (at density of 47,5 kg/m3) – m = 1,4,
- specific heat (at humidity of 10%) – approx. 1850 [J/kg*K],
- pH value – approx. 7
Approvals and certificates
Documents underlying the use of EKOFIBRU®:
- Hygienic Certificate 2020,
- Classification within the scope of reaction to fire EKOFIBER / PN-EN 13501-1+A1:2010,
- Tests for resistance to moulds of insulation material EKOFIBER® NS-613/A/07,
- National Declaration of Conformity no. 1/2017
Nordiska Ekofiber Polska Sp. z o. o. as a producer of loose cellulose thermal insulation with the trade name EKOFIBER®, informs that, in view of the Polish Standard PN-EN 15101-1 “Thermal insulation products in construction. In situ formed loose cellulose (LFCI) products. Part 1: Specification of products before use.”, construction products covered by the Polish Standard do not need to have a technical approval in any form.