EKOFIBER® is a loose thermal insulation material made from cellulose fiber that forms a barrier for the flow of heat. It features high flame resistance and secures surfaces against fungi and mould. In order to achieve such parameters, the fiber undergoes proper chemical impregnation.
EKOFIBER® is perfect for transferring moisture without storing it inside and, as a result, it does not require application of vapor barrier foil. It may be applied on the whole area of the building, perfectly securing it against development of fungi, preventing its corrosion, and protecting it from rodents and insects.
Form of loose granulate installed by injection blow method without technological loss (100% usage of material).
Applied installation densities:
– slab roofs, non-habitable attics – 27÷29 kg/m3,
– roof slopes – 40÷45 kg/m3,
– walls – 50÷55 kg/m3.
Thermal conductivity coefficient λ = 0,041 W/mK.
“Breathing” – it is not required to use vapor barrier in partitions insulated with Ekofiber.
Resistance to fungi and moulds.
Protection of wooden constructions against biodegradation and of steel constructions against corrosion.
Classification of reaction to fire C (PN-EN 13501-01)
Flame retardant – does not spread fire.
Hostile for insects and rodents.
High capacity of acoustic insulation.
|Frequency [Hz]||Reverberated sound absorption coefficient|
Physical and chemical properties
- maximum humidity with preserved λ value – 23%,
- natural change in humidity during the year – 11 ÷ 17%
- value of diffusion coefficient (at density of 47,5 kg/m3) d = 520 * 10-4 [g/h*m*hPa],
- value of diffusion resistance (at density of 47,5 kg/m3) – m = 1,4,
- specific heat (at humidity of 10%) – approx. 1850 [J/kg*K],
- pH value – about 7
Approvals and attestation
Dokumenty będące podstawą stosowania EKOFIBRU®:
- Hygienic Certificate HK/B/0220/01/2010,
- Classification within the scope of reaction to fire NP-819/A/08,
- Tests for resistance to moulds of insulation material EKOFIBER® NS-613/A/07,
- National Declaration of Conformity no. 1/2017
Nordiska Ekofiber Polska Sp. z o.o., as the producer of loose cellulose thermal insulation named EKOFIBER®, informs that pursuant to the application of Polish Standard PN-EN 15101-1 “Thermal insulation products for buildings. In-situ formed loose fill cellulose (LFCI) products. Part 1: Specification for the products before installation.” since December 2013, construction products covered by Polish Standard do not require a technical approval in any form.